Cast Iron Pot (9.3 litre capacity)
An untreated cast iron pot as used to make “potjie kos” (pot food) in South Africa.
If you do buy this untreated potjie you will need to treat it before use as follows:
1. Wash out thoroughly with boiling water and scouring pad and dry over a heat source.
2. Coat inside with any cooking oil and heat until oil begins to smoke.
3. Using a paper towel, wipe inside clean. Repeat until towel wipes clean.
4. The pot is now ready for use. The more you use it the better it becomes.
5. After each use wash, dry and coat inside with oil.
6. Store in a dry place with absorbent paper inside.
Enjoy your potjie!